The Los Angeles Post
U.S. World Business Lifestyle
Today: April 03, 2025
Today: April 03, 2025

Additional businesses file lawsuit against F1 for losses from Las Vegas Grand Prix

Additional businesses file lawsuit against F1 for losses from Las Vegas Grand Prix
September 05, 2024
KTNV Staff - KTNV

    LAS VEGAS (KTNV) -- More businesses have filed legal action against Formula 1 and the Las Vegas Grand Prix after they claim to have been negatively affected by construction and traffic changes.

Battista's Hole in the Wall and Stage Door have filed a joint lawsuit against the Las Vegas Grand Prix citing "wrongful interference with business rights" and demanding compensation.

We've spoken to those businesses previously about how they want to be paid back for lost profits during the 2023 Grand Prix.

"We're not trying to make any extra money on this, we just want the money that we lost," Randy Markin previously told Channel 13. Markin is the owner of Battista's and manager at Stage Door. In previous interviews with Channel 13, he said his businesses lost approximately $5 million last year.

This isn't the only lawsuit filed by a Las Vegas business against the Grand Prix.

This isn't the only lawsuit filed by a Las Vegas business against the Grand Prix.

Lisa Mayo-DeRiso, who has acted as spokesperson for a collective of businesses impacted by F1 that includes Battista's and Stage Door, provided Channel 13 with the following statement:

"Unfortunately, Las Vegas Grand Prix and Clark County gave Battistas Hole in the Wall and Stage Door Casino no choice but to litigate. These small business owners brought their substantial damages and the existential threat caused by F1 to their businesses to the attention of Clark County and F1. For months they sought a fair and just solution to this devastating issue, however, to no avail. Repeated assurances of a resolution never materialized. They have no choice but to ask an impartial third party to remedy their financial losses and to prevent their businesses from going under because of F1."

The Las Vegas Grand Prix is returning this year, set to race down the Strip November 21-23.

Related Articles

Hertz wins dismissal of lawsuit in Delaware over warrants Union asks judge to block Elon Musk's DOGE from Labor Dept systems Thieves steal tools from Habitat for Humanity site in Ames WNC hero Jake Jarvis loses $77k in bulldozer scam while aiding Helene recovery efforts
Share This

Popular

Business|Economy|Political|US

Hear Trump break down tariffs on various countries

Hear Trump break down tariffs on various countries
Business|Sports

From Baldwin City to the big leagues: Kansas baseball bat company takes swing at baseballโ€™s biggest stage

From Baldwin City to the big leagues: Kansas baseball bat company takes swing at baseballโ€™s biggest stage
Business|Education|Political

Community, mentors and skill-building: Experts weigh the role of employee resource groups

Community, mentors and skill-building: Experts weigh the role of employee resource groups
Asia|Business|Economy|Finance|Political|Stock Markets|US

Dow drops 1,200 as US stock market leads a worldwide sell-off following Trump's tariff shock

Dow drops 1,200 as US stock market leads a worldwide sell-off following Trump's tariff shock

Economy

Business|Economy|Finance|Political|Stock Markets|US

Dow tumbles 1,300 points and dollar weakens as recession fears grip Wall Street

Dow tumbles 1,300 points and dollar weakens as recession fears grip Wall Street
Business|Economy|Political|US

US weekly jobless claims fall as labor market stays stable for now

US weekly jobless claims fall as labor market stays stable for now
Americas|Business|Economy

Canada posts surprise trade deficit in February, exports still near record level

Canada posts surprise trade deficit in February, exports still near record level
Africa|Business|Economy|Political|US

Trump slaps tiny African kingdom with highest tariff of all

Trump slaps tiny African kingdom with highest tariff of all

Access this article for free.

Already have an account? Sign In